It’s about time I got some steak on here. This is one of my go-to recipes: the steak fajita.
It’s easy to make and easy to clean up, perfect for a lazy night at home. Mexican food, gotta love it. Read on, my brothas!
NOTE: Makes about 6 servings: 300 Calories, 14g Fat, 10g Carb, 31g Protein.
About 25 min
Ingredients: (click for photo)
About 1.5 lb. flap steak
1 sliced white onion
2 bell peppers
1 packet of fajita seasoning
What You’ll Need:
TIP: To warm your tortillas, wrap them in a towel and put it in the oven at 180 degrees when you begin cooking. Take them out when you’re done. You’ll end up with perfectly warm tortillas.
- Chop the bell peppers and the onion (see reference photo for a how-to).
- Slice the steak into strips.
- Heat a skillet on high heat with a couple teaspoons of olive oil.
- Sautee the sliced onion and bell peppers for about 5 minutes (until tender).
- Transfer the onion and bell peppers out of the skillet and onto a plate (or separate skillet, as pictured). Keep the heat on and put the steak strips into the same hot skillet. Let cook for 10 minutes (or until browned).
- Drain juice from the skillet into the sink and return to heat.
- Add fajita seasoning and about 1/4 cup water. Let boil uncovered for about 2 minutes.
- Add the onion and peppers back into the skillet. Cook together for another 5 minutes.
- Assemble the fajita and serve!
That’s it! My personal favorite accompaniment is Tapatio and sour cream. I’m gunna go eat now. Enjoy, dudes!