I really wanted to put together a SUPER easy fish recipe that tasted as good as it was easy. 15 minutes and about 4 ingredients. It works with halibut – but you can use cod for a cheaper way to go.
I paired mine with an AWESOME sauteed spinach recipe: http://thebachelorchefs.com/sauteed-spinach/.
Also, you can use fresh or dried ground basil – either way, it will work. The ground way is a lot cheaper.
NOTE: Each fish fillet: 328 Calories, 25g Fat, 2.8g Carb, 19g Protein.
2-4 Halibut (or cod if you’re going the cheap route) steaks.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons basil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
What You’ll Need:
1 small mixing bowl
- Add all of the ingredients into a small mixing bowl and mix well.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of the sauce onto each fish fillet.
- Heat a pan to medium high. Add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the fish.
- Let saute on medium-high for 4 minutes per side.
- Plate the fish and serve!
Also – if you have the option, always try to support sustainable fisheries. It’s a bit more effort, but well worth it to make sure this fish exists the next time we want to make it. Check this site out for more info: Seafood Watch. Enjoy, dudes!