Here’s a pretty impressive-looking (and awesome tasting) recipe, which is a bachelor’s take on the Swedish version of a “baked potato”. It’s like french fries without the fried! I’m proud of this one…
Make sure you have a sharp knife, your cuts will be easier and more accurate. Take a look:
NOTE: Makes 1 serving: 300 Calories, 25g Fat, 26g Carb, 4g Protein.
4 medium potatoes (on the smaller side)
2 tablespoons minced garlic (or garlic powder)
2 tablespoon olive oil
2/3 of a stick of butter
Sea salt (or regular salt if you don’t have sea salt)
What You’ll Need:
1 baking pan
TIP: If you have a large serving spoon, place the potato in the serving spoon before you cut. Cut down to the lip of the spoon – might make it easier to not cut through the potato.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/8″ slices but do NOT cut all the way through the potato, leave a little at the bottom so it stays together (see tip above).
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. NOTE: cover the baking sheet in tin foil for virtually no cleanup at the end.
- Spread the 2 tablespoons of garlic (minced or powder) evenly over the 4 potatoes.
- Melt the butter. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the butter.
- Spoon the butter mixture evenly over the potatoes.
- Cook for 40-50 minutes, or until the outside is crispy and the interior is tender (could go as long as an hour).
- Take them out and add salt and pepper to taste!
They make an awesome companion to that burger you’ve been thinking about all day. Do work! Enjoy, dudes!