The cure for the common man-cold. If you’re not familiar with a man-cold, first of all, lucky you. Second of all, the good people over at Atomic Wedgie did us ALL a favor and made a video explaining the phenomenon. Watch this:
Where were we? Ah, yes. This soup will knock your cold OUT. It’s your classic “1-pot-cooking”. Check it out:
Makes about 10 servings
240 calories, 3g fat, 5g carbs, 22g protein.
About 45 min (start to finish)
2 boneless chicken breasts
4 cans chicken broth (low sodium)
1 can vegetable broth
3/4 cup rice
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrots
1 whole chopped onion
2 tbsp butter
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon pepper
Salt to taste
What you’ll need:
- Chop the onion, 1 cup of celery, and 1 cup of carrots.
- Chop the 2 chicken breasts.
- Break out the pot, bring up the heat to medium-high. Put the butter, onion and celery in. Let simmer until veggies are tender (about 5 min).
- Add 3/4 cup of rice to the pot. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add vegetable and chicken broth.
- Add EVERYTHING else to the pot. Chicken, chopped carrots, a tablespoon of Italian seasoning, the black pepper, the cayenne, the garlic powder, and the salt – to taste.
- Bring heat to high and let boil vigorously for 10 min.
- Bring heat down to medium and let simmer for 20 minutes.
Put the soup in a bowl when it cools off a bit. It’s hearty and its got quite a kick. Enjoy, dudes! Oh, and feel better…Chicken Soup,