I saw a version of these bouncing around a few sites recently and I couldn’t help but think about how impressive they’d be to a lady-friend that may have been lucky enough to get to stay over. I gave them a shot one morning…lets just say, I was right.
Nutritional InfoMakes 6 bowls:
145 Calories, 8.1g Fat, 9.2g Carb, 8.2g Protein.
6 slices of bread
6 slices of bacon (can substitute turkey bacon for healthier option)
1 bag of shredded (cheddar) cheese
What You’ll Need:
1 cupcake pan (yeah yeah, we can make a cupcake pan manly)
1 large pan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Real men don’t use cookie cutters, so use a glass to punch circles out of the bread slices.
- Heat the pan on on high for about a minute. Add the 6 slices of bacon (or add 3 at a time if pan isn’t big enough). Cook for about 3 minutes, leaving it cooked, but pliable. Take off of heat and let the bacon cool for a minute.
- Spray nonstick spray into the cupcake craters in the pan (only spray 6).
- Press the bread into the cupcake pan.
- Add bacon around the edges of the cupcake pan.
- Add 1 pinch of cheese (about 1 tablespoon) into each “bowl”.
- Place into the oven for about 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Take it out and set it next to where you’ll separate the egg yolks.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites (see photo above). Add yolks to the bacon/bread/cheese bowls.
- Place back into the oven for 8 minutes (yolks will be soft – if harder yolks are preferred, add a minute, 2 max).
- Take them out and EAT!